Hobson Bay Boat Share is a non-commercial, not-for-profit limited partnership run by a friendly group of OBC (Outboard Boating Club) members to provide unique and affordable recreational boating opportunities.
The scheme provides the best opportunity to go boating in modern well-maintained boats without all the work of owning your own boat. We think it is friendlier, and cheaper than any commercial Boat-Share, and provides us with the best value boating our money can buy!
The main benefits of the scheme are:-
- Affordability - shared ownership shares the time on the water, and the shares the cost when it is not on the water (most boats spend more time 'not being used')
- We are 'not for profit' - most boat share schemes are run as a business, our scheme is simply for the enjoyment of our members.
- We choose our members very carefully - so you can be assured 'your boat' is always looked after.
- Members decide what to do each year - other share schemes, the rules are set by the business owner.
- Different boat sizes available - move between Partnerships when you are ready
- Boat account for depreciation & replacement inflation thus maintaining the value of your share.
- All maintenance organised when the boat is not being used
- All ownership costs included in one monthly fee
- A depreciation and inflation fund for boat replacement included in the same monthly cost
- Online booking and credits system allowing easy planning of days on the water
- Boat storage is at Orams in Westhaven Marina, a world class facility
To participate in the boat share scheme, you pay a 'once only' capital payment for a share in the scheme. You then pay a monthly operating fee which includes all storage, maintenance , regular new boat replacement, & Coastguard membership. Fuel on your return is the only additional cost.
This is a true ‘pay-as-you-go’ scheme. Owners in the scheme can also sell their share at any time, getting back their share of the boat value plus a share of the replacement fund.