Hobson Bay Boat Share has been set up by a group of boaties to provide convenient leisure boating for their families.
It is a non-commercial, “not-for-profit” boating scheme. All the benefits are for the enjoyment of the participants.
- It is a shared ownership scheme, all participants contribute to the cost of the boats in a simple monthly fee.
- You have the use of all boats in your scheme (1 type of boat per scheme)
- 10 shares per boat (Buccaneer 635) & 8 shares per boat (Tristram 851)
- An annual service charge covers all the costs, including boat replacement.
- Pay-as-you-go for fuel. Fuel is the only additional cost on the water , except bait!
- All maintenance & ownership responsibilities are organised for you
- Use of the boats is controlled by a points system to provide fair use to all participants
- Boats are replaced in a planned way to keep the boat fleet modern
- You can sell your share at any time to an approved willing buyer